As summer heats up, my oven cools down – it is just too hot to warm up my small apartment even more by baking. This is a delicious summer meal that is refreshing wherever you eat it, and is my go-to for picnics and cook-outs. This also was a regular meal during the days of the Great Greens (aka “That time when Erin had way too much produce”). Luckily it is delicious, so I never tired of it!
Erin’s Sweet n’ Spicy Sriracha Peanut Salad Dressing
– 1/2 cup canola oil
– 2 tsp sriracha
– 1 tbsp honey
– 1/2 tbsp soy sauce
– 2 tsp lemon juice
– 2 tbsp natural* peanut butter
Combine and stir with a fork.
* Preferred: unhomogenized peanutbutter. If you only have homogenized peanut butter, like Skippy, cut back on the honey and use a food processor or blender to combine.
Erin’s Kick-ass Asian Salad
– 1 lb lettuce (your preferred type, or a mixture)
– 1/2 bunch of fresh cilantro
– 8 hard boiled eggs, chopped into chunks
– 1 1/2 cup of Erin’s Cucumber-Apple Pickles
– Erin’s Sriracha Salad Dressing
Wash, tear, and toss lettuce in a large bowl. Tear cilantro leaves off stems, add to bowl, and toss. Top with pickles, egg, and dressing.